Companies must develop and manage production networks that are lean and flexible enough to operate cost-effectively in these uncertain times. Key challenges include increasing the efficiency of shop-floor operations, improving overall equipment effectiveness, managing global networks, and aligning the objectives of manufacturing with other key functional areas. To succeed, companies must address challenges such as these:
- Aligning manufacturing capabilities with overall business strategy
- Ensuring that global production network fully optimize costs and scale
- Insourcing and outsourcing the right things
- Improving utilization and gaining capacity without adding cost
- Improving demand management and production planning and increasing flexibility in these uncertain times
SolutionsWith a focus on production excellence, we help minimize costs, increase efficiency, improve quality, and deliver measurable improvements in all areas of manufacturing. We take a holistic approach, addressing strategic challenges, core processes and capabilities, performance management, and cross-functional alignment. These are some of our primary focus areas:
Network Strategy:By analyzing manufacturing costs and drivers, we can identify key differences among plants and locations. We help companies build optimized production networks that can reduce total manufacturing costs and deliver major improvements in resource utilization, asset productivity, and output. Manufacturing Operations: We help our clients streamline production processes, boost efficiency and utilization, reduce costs, optimize the shop floor using proven lean techniques, increase flexibility, and ensure consistency and knowledge sharing across all operations.
Manufacturing Strategy:Focusing on overall corporate strategy, we help clients make key decisions such as which products to make and which to buy. We take into account competitive differentiators, core competencies, the supply chain, target markets, cost structure, and sourcing options. We provide strategic advice to help clients design fast, flexible, and efficient manufacturing processes that connect supply chain to factory processes, production equipment, and production systems in a seamless, customer-centric network. Examples of areas of focus include:
- Network configuration: We design plant networks to help companies improve their return on invested capital through reduced cost, increased efficiency, and enhanced growth opportunities.
- Capital productivity: We advise clients on capital spending projects and help them to improve the return or yield from existing equipment through overall equipment effectiveness and maintenance strategies.
- Make or buy: We help companies decide whether to make or buy and then support the decision by aligning all their processes along the supply chain and building up the necessary internal capabilities.